- Consumer is Digitizing
- Where are the Customers
- PPC Model
- Process (how it is done)
- Commercial model (OKR guarantee)
- IMF protocols
- Real time reporting overview
- Lead Gener8or
- Company Credentials
Complete Digital with Offernet is strictly a Data driven company.
The focus of the company is to ensure that the clients advertising appears in front of the correct audience at the correct time. This results in the reduction of unwanted clicks and ensures that the correct “in-market” customer is served and responds to advertising that is relevant to them.
The net result is a big reduction on Cost per Acquisition and a big rise in Return on Ad Spend.
The company stakes its management fee on achieving results and it will not charge this amount if the agreed targets are not met (see Commercial model)
Will work with in-house marketing departments (or agencies) and together with the company’s existing brand and advertising, apply our methodology.
Before implementing research is carried out on the client’s offerings, the market and competitor’s activity online.
Once Objective Key Results are agreed to, implementation can take place in a matter of days.
The data is managed 24/7 for the duration of the campaign, through a team of experts based in Cape Town and the AI algorithm Lead “Gener8or”
The client has access to a live dashboard and can keep up to date with the progress of the account on a continual basis.
Once the campaign has ended a full report back is given and results are compared against the Objectives.
_The consumer is digitizing
Together with more consumers (across all LSM’s) spending more time online, Data prices continue to drop.
For businesses and customers alike, it is a fight for survival with margins under pressure.
The customer’s journey with a brand will be governed by trust, built not by frivolous claims but by meaningful things done in direct response to his shifting wants.
Brands on the other hand, will distinguish themselves with meaningful actions and RELEVANT customer engagements. needs and priorities.
There is no more room for smoke and mirrors and vanity metrics that blur the path to revenue and sustainability.
_Where Are the Customers?
- they’re on their phone
- they’re on their computer
- they’re on social channels
But, WHO is actually IN market?
How do you differentiate given that all other retailers are also going online?
You HAVE to use…
- artificial intelligence and big data to beat your competitors
- machine learning will beat the traditional marketing agencies that use old technologies like programmatic and digital filters
This is the Complete Digital Offernet USP
_ ppc model illustration
Complete Digital and Offernet’s philosophy is that every campaign can only have one of four possible goals:
In addition, every campaign goal can only have one stated Objective to achieve that goal. We then develop a single metric which we term “Key Result” (in conjunction with our client) that measures achievement of the Objective.
campaign# -> one goal -> one stated objective -> one key result
Campaign goal: Conversion
Objective: “To increase the number of online sales for a specific product”
Key Result: This campaign must deliver online sales at R50 per conversion.
This single objective-and-key-result-philosophy (“OKR-philosophy”) is the basis on which we have built our technology platform – it informs the shaping of the target metrics to which we train our machine learning, and it safeguards against cannibalization of budgets when multiple campaigns are live simultaneously. These metrics also form the basis of Complete Digital Offernet’s performance scorecard at each reporting period. In the subsequent pages,, we have depicted the various stages of a user journey, and matched each phase of that journey to campaign goals and the accompanying Key Results for each goal.
Through application of these Key Result metrics to each phase of the user journey, we are able to rapidly pinpoint areas of concern, and to also identify success factors to share and replicate across the various campaigns.
As these metrics are empirical measurements, they enable Complete Digital Offernet to maximize [the brand’s] Return on Investment.
Through the creation of both ‘include’ and ‘exclude’ audiences, and through crafting user journeys that harmonize the ad-copy, product-specific landing page and the subsequent up-and-cross selling messages, Complete Digital Offernet is able to avoid cannibalising between internal budgets (BUs and group).
Our methodology includes reviewing all the relevant campaign metric history with our client, to enable the setting of relevant, sustainable OKRs that ensure a mutually beneficial partnership.
_ how do we do it - step by step
- Start by gaining a thorough product understanding, and the ideal target market.
- Commence our proprietary data-layering process, whereby various data-sources are layered on top of each other.
- Our resident MIT PhD Data Scientist creates propensity models that allow us to construct a first iteration of include and exclude audiences.
- Our proprietary Artificial Intelligence enabled platform (“Lead Gener8or”) applies media budget to the various digital channels, partner networks and sub-channels, through which to distribute ad content.
- When actual campaign results become available (i.e. which advert converted which consumer through which channel on which device at what time…etc.) those insights are populated into our machine learning algorithms to enhance the precision of media procurement, and that enables campaign optimization.
- As iterations continue, our machine learning aggregates the learning curve and our propensity modelling becomes more accurate, all the while increasing the accuracy of not only our include-and-exclude audiences, but also our media channel and format selections.
Net result – increases ROI, decreased acquisition costs, no budget cannibalizing
_ our commercial model: the OKR guarantee
The Complete Digital Offernet OKR guarantee model requires pre-agreement of a single Objective for a campaign and a single Key Result.
In the event of Offernet achieving the Key Result metric for a specific campaign, our success fee amounts to 10% of the media budget of that campaign.
Where Offernet does not achieve the Key Result metric, no success fee is levied.
Assume Campaign#1 – Goal: Online Conversion
Assume stated Objective: To increase the number of online sales
Assume pre-agreed Key Result: Cost per sale must be less than R50
Assume media budget for Campaign#1 is R50,000
Scenario #1: CD Offernet achieves an actual CPS of R35.
Outcome: Media cost (R50,000) x 10% management fee = R5,000.
Total client cost: R50,000 + R5,000 = R55,000
Scenario #2: CD Offernet achieves an actual CPS of R54
Outcome: No management fee payable
Cost to client: R50,000
_ IMF protocols
Offernet dynamically manages Interdepartmental Marketing Framework (“IMF”) protocols; viz. automatically updating and optimizing in each of the following areas:
- Positive-and-negative keyword bucketing
- Keyword optimization (negative-negative keywords)
- Inclusion-and-Exclusion audiences (based on user journey stage)
- Time-of-day / seasonality staggering
Users are placed in ring-fenced audiences based on how they’ve engaged with the brand – this ensures the message is relevant and that the different budgets do not compete with each other. Practically, this means that Complete Digital Offernet will allocate rotating time slots to business unit ad serving, whilst monitoring results of those time slots to optimize product sales to most successful windows. The same applies to inclusion and exclusion audiences on a geo-location basis, as well as keyword bucketing and optimization.
All campaigns are monitored on a 24/7 basis for velocity and spend anomalies. Automated alerts prompt our Command Center to investigate & intervene.
We give clients access to a reporting dashboard.
This is updated every 15 minutes. It contains all the information pertaining to the campaigns that are running. The dashboard reports separately on each platform (Facebook, Google shopping, Linkedin etc)
Number of views, number of clicks, number of conversions, Return on Ad spend is just some of the information displayed.
_Driven by Technology, Informed by Data
At the heart of the Complete Digital Offernet technology is Lead Gener8or, the ad-tech platform that:
- drives the machine learning and artificial intelligence, delivering highly desirable returns-on-ad spend
- integrates real-world data with online media channels such as Google and Facebook, creating highly relevant and responsive target audiences
- outperforms traditional media platforms used by run-of-the-mill digital marketers
The above is presented to client and combined with data relevant to their industry, competitors and company.